Thursday 14 June 2012

Tapering For A Half Marathon


Felt really good on all my runs this week :0]
Wednesday night was Rob's session from Dunes Leisure Centre .
As quite a few of us are racing on Sunday Rob set a sharpening session of well, just under 300m x 8 with a jog back recovery in Victoria Park
I felt stronger on each one, starting at just over 5 min mile pace and getting down to 4.44 pace by the end!.
Thats fast for me, but how my fitness relates to running a half marathon, well we will just have to wait and see!
All I know is I'm really enjoying my running again!
Which can only be GOOD!

6 comments:

Grellan said...

All the best in the half Rick. It's been a while and it will be interesting to see how you get on.

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Thanks Grellan

Ewen said...

Great that you're enjoying your running Rick, AND running well. Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together in the half. I'll have a celebratory Aussie beer for you in anticipation!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Cheers Ewen :0]

Mandy said...

i love the way you title that as tapering!!hehe my tapering was a great deal more....you so fast its endearing.x

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Mandy I'm sure your have an epic run :0]