Saturday 24 September 2011

Great Langdale Mountain Marathon And Half Marathon

Steve Prentice wins Great Langdale Marathon. photo from last years event, Steve No 195
Steve use to train with Southport Waterloo A/C a few years ago before moving to Scotland, so it was good to see him get a well earned victory,
Steve's progress has been impressive running 3.23 in 2009, 3.15 in 2010 and a very impressive 3.04 this year for the win!
Bear in mind this is the 'Hardest road marathon in the UK!' Quote from Ron Hill no less.
In the Half Marathon Rob McGrath had an amazing comeback with 1.32 [after a serious knee operation last year].
I had my worst run ever [ I blame a heavy night shift and no sleep, thoughts of retiring from the sport many times crossed my mind as I suffered my way round the many climbs on dead legs for 1.34!
Paul Cain had a good run for 1.39, also running was Andy Hudson, Vicky, Paul and Rachel.
Photo's link here tomorrow.

2 comments:

Ewen said...

That's a great photo of you cresting the hill Rick. Amazing run from Steve. Yes, find out his secrets! Bet it's a lot of bloody hard work. And don't you dare think about giving running away - it's blokes like you and Scotty that set the bar high enough that I can walk under it ;)

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Cheers!