Thursday 6 January 2011

PEOPLE ARE AWESOME



Just a quick thanks to everyone who left a comment on my last post especially Scott Brown, cheers much appreciated!

I know there may be some dark days ahead, but one way or another I'm going to battle my way through into the sunshine!
Thur
Location; Hillside loop
Tess and me followed Marius's schedule and ran for just 40 mins at level one [easy pace].

Felt really good and had to hold back a bit:]
5.5 miles at 7.17 pace = 40 mins


Most self discovery happens during the toughest moments. It breaks one down and requires you to dig deeper. When I’m lying on the pavement at mile 80 and it’s 100 degrees out, what motivates me to get up and finish the race? That is the self-discovery that occurs. You get a glimpse of your soul at times and see what really makes you tick. You go deeper in finding out what’s possible and what one can achieve.”

—SCOTT JUREK

READ MORE

4 comments:

Junk Miler said...

Sometimes life is enjoyed. Other times, endured.

Ewen said...

That's great Rick.

Couldn't watch the CC on BBC as it was "unavailable in my area" - damn!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Ewen hope they put the race on youtube, great racing from Mo Farah and it looks like we have a new rising star in Charlotte Purdue.

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Britain is going through hard times right now but it seems to bring the best out of the nation.
We are a race of fighters!