Thursday 8 July 2010

Research confirms that drinking gives you the same benefits yoga does !!


































Thanks to Rob for photo's :]

POWER OF THE BUTT AND KENYAN PROGRESSION SESSION

You may have read how using your butt muscles when you run can improve power and reduce knee pain, but does it work in practice?
setting off on my session i worked at tightening up my butt muscle as my foot landed, at first it felt a bit strange but once I started running faster I did feel like I was producing more power.
I guess the idea is to stop your hips rocking from side to side and provide a stable platform for the push off!
It seems to work, give it a try!

KENYAN PROGRESSION SESSION
Location Trafalgar road loops
6 x 5 mins [ 1 min 6.48 pace- 1 min 6.06 pace- 1 min 5.44 pace- 2 mins rec running]
I really enjoyed this session last time around and once again I had a lot of fun doing it!
Marius has been working me hard this week as this was my 3rd fast session of the week!
total time with warm up-down and 6 x smart strides av pace 6.58, 5.75 miles, = 45 mins
Mark Cavendish, Tour de France, Stage Five
Congrats to Mark Cavendish, great sprinting LINK

No comments: