Saturday 10 July 2010

I STILL RUN!

Still Run from DANTE NOU on Vimeo.


SAT 10th

3282 ft of climbing
Long run over 5 big climbs inc Parbold, Fairy Glen and Ashurst Beacon.
It was very hot and humid, so tried to stay away from the burning Tarmac as much as possible, doing most of my run off road and over grass and dirt paths.
I've found the running tips on using my Glut's has improved my power and the Tip for better upper body posture has also allowed me to generate better forward motion.
THINK I'M RUNNING WITH MY BEST EVER FORM :]
Felt ok on the run, but glad to finish and get a drink!

Max speed 14.6mph. Total time= 2 hours 25 mins
VERY GOOD TRAINING WEEK :]

5 comments:

Ewen said...

That's great Rick. At least some of us are running well ;)

Thanks for the links and videos. Amazing race by Lemaitre to break 10 seconds. He's quicker than Scott Brown's grandfather!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Hope you can find good form again soon Ewen :]

RICK'S RUNNING said...

there was a guy in our club ran a 15 sec 100m at 70 years old, read here
http://southportwaterlooac.co.uk/News/news7.html#34_07_10

there is hope for you yet Ewen :]

Ewen said...

Thanks Rick.

That's a great time. It's been a few years since I raced a 100 and it was slow - something like 16.3. I'd like to get back to 15 secs.

Samurai Running said...

Glad everything has come together with your running form Rick. Now over the summer you can just work to make it come more natural like.

And you'll be a force come marathon time ;)

You could also teach the heel striker in the video a thing or two, too, I reckon.