Friday 25 June 2010

Video – Jurek: Should Inclines Change my Stride?



GREAT VIDEO GIVING AN INSIGHT INTO CORRECT TECHNIQUE, RUNNING UP AND DOWN HILLS. CLICK HERE











Sat 26th
long easy run [3217 ft of climbing] around Parbold, Ashurst Beacon and Fairy Glen.
Felt pretty tired and got dehydrated under the burning sun.
Hung on in and took it out to two and half hours with 5 climbs.
Water-Water, give me WATER!!!
Fri 25th
Ran round one lap of what could be the new course for the Southort pier 1/2 marathon, If myself and Brian grice can get a team together to put the race on next year!
More News soon!
Thur 24th
Easy run over the big sand dunes with Tess = 1.30

3 comments:

Mark said...

Great news Rick. I remember the original pier half marathon. Finished in the Floral Hall Gardens and was won by Peter Morris from Ainsdale - think I might have some photos somewhere. I didn't run it so I might have been injured.

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Any idea when the last 1/2 in Southport was held Mark?

Ewen said...

Thanks Rick. I could have used those tips for yesterdays cross country run.

Plenty of water here now. It actually rained yesterday! There are puddles!