Thursday 4 March 2010

SPEED! Put a Spring in your step

BEST WORKOUTClick on photo
I've been on holiday from work this week, so decided to fit in an extra session.
I opted to run down to the local Rugby ground on a bright and sunny but still quite chilly early afternoon [ I guess the Spring is still fighting it's way through our long hard winter!]. After a good 15 mins warm up I set about 30 mins of 'Diagonals'.
It felt good striding out over the fresh cut grass in my modified 'Nike Free's.
I ended up with 32 stride outs in 30 mins with a max speed of 4.30 pace.
total time = 1.00

StrideUK Stretch and strengthen
COOL TREADMILL

GOOD VIDEO ON CORRECT RUNNING FORM

STRENGTHENING EXERCISES FOR RUNNERS

YOU GOT TO LAUGH! CRAZY, MAD TREADMILL!!!

3 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Hey Rick

I just got back from seeing "Invictus" I knew you'd be a rugby fan you have the passion!

That was the best movie I've seen in years!!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

yes Scott Rugby beats the crap out of football!

Ewen said...

It's a pity the Speedfit one is close to $6000! I wonder how they'd go trying to sell a motorbike with no engine... "you just ride it by paddling your legs a'la Fred Flinstone."