Saturday 6 February 2010

Long Distance Marathon Training

AGELESS!!!
A customer at work said they thought I was 32, Ha,Ha OK, maybe they need glasses but I'm happy to go along with them :] Cus I'm 49 in March this year! But as they say age is just but a number and I feel better than I did at 20, back then I doubt
I could have run a 1/4 mile without feeling really bad! Maybe I'm reversing the clock of farther time!!!
Today I did a long easy run over the big sand dunes and pinewoods with Tess, well the pace was easy but the hills were not. On my way back I started to feel a bit light headed, my vision narrowed down and all I could see was Tess bounding along the path in front of me, I was not to sure where I was or which path I was on, all I knew was
to follow that dog! I plodded on, my fuel starved mind playing tricks with me. I came out onto the road for the last 20 mins to finish with 3 hours 1 min!
Tess seemed to enjoy the run and was still bouncing around at the end unlike me :]

Fri 5th Easy run with Niz = 21 mins

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Yes, they need a new prescription for specs Rick ;) You're doing well to be feeling 20-something. I only act 20-something.

And that's a bit mean calling Tess a dog. Watch out or she'll bite you on the ankle next run ;)

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Yes Ewen I should have said 'Bitch':]
and don't worry every time see thinks I'm doing to slow she gives me a nip!!!

Samurai Running said...

Thanks a lot for the link Rick. I don't reckon you look a day over 25!

Now I'll put you and Ewen in the draw for the running shoes. Thanks again.