Tuesday 22 December 2009

HOW TO RUN REALLY FAST ON THE ICE AND SNOW :]

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0801/bikes.on.ice/images/076012915.jpg
After slipping and sliding on the ice yesterday I decided to don my X/C spikes. Setting
off with Tess pulling me on her lead I tore down the street at high speed to the amazement of old people clinging to garden walls in an attempt to stay upright, I felt like a death defying Russian ice speedway rider as car drivers slowed down to stare as we sped along.
Once we reached the sandhills it was even more fun as Tess and me
followed the snowy paths up and down the dunes. 3 laps of the velvet trail later we headed for home, I felt much better than yesterday when I felt slow and lethargic after the X/C, Happy Days :]
Tue
Easy-steady, 3 laps velvet trail = 59 mins ' I'M LOVIN IT' !
Mon
20 x 1 min fast - 1 min slow, sandhill 6 = 1.19

3 comments:

Grellan said...

Great idea! How were the spikes afterwards?

RICK'S RUNNING said...

the spikes were fine.
I only used short spikes but they give plenty of grip on the icy footpaths :]

Derek said...

Is it much harder to run with the spikes? It seems like it would be difficult to get used to them.