Friday 16 October 2009

Run with the Girls X/C Squad, more on Ryan Hall and a Kenyon workout !

Barry had me down to run a one mile TT on Wed, the afternoon was amazingly warm and humid, you could cut the air with a knife it was that thick!
I decided to run a mile at what felt like 1/2 m pace to fully warm up and I recorded 6.05, after a couple of mins jog I sprinted into my fast mile effort, it felt like hard work cutting through the humid air and I knew straight away I'd be on for a poor time, working very hard I finished with 5.38 [ only two weeks ago I ran a 2 mile tt at 5.37 p] oh well I tried my best. I finished with a steady mile in 5.55 and then jogged home.
In the evening Niz asked me to run with her down to the club session at Dunes
[ 6.30 pm] .

Carol and Christine had almost the full women's X/C Squad out, it was also nice to see some new guys and girls turning up for the session.
Anyways Christine got us to do 8 efforts over the ocean plaza bridge, I ran at the back deciding to take it easy but was shocked to find I was running at 5.20-5.30 pace and it seemed ridiculously easy, strange how running in a group helps you run so much faster than on your own!
PHOTO; The Hoodies SWAC WOMEN'S X/C TEAM

Training for the week
Mon
16 x 10 sec fast , 20 sec easy plus running drills
Tue
Easy fartlek, felt really strong!
Wed
one mile tt plus club run in evening
Thur
Core training
Fri
Easy-steady sandhill plus running drills

Train the Kenyan way
Great simple workout to improve both speed and strength

CLICK HERE

Ryan Hall told he 'runs like a girl' by Asics R & D department!
CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO'S

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

I must get to that Asics Museum one day as is just up the road from me.

Ewen said...

I'm obviously not lugging enough tree trunks around during my barefoot training runs!

Rick, next time you'll have to get the girls to pace you during your time trial ;)