Saturday 11 April 2009

I'M JUST A RUNNING MACHINE,PROGRAMMED TO RUN! 18 MILES AT 9 MPH

CRAZY KIND OF RUN!
Today I planned a steady 18 mile run at just over 8 mph as recommended in the Runners World programme, I spent the morning catching up with my sleep and toiled with the idea of giving the run a miss after all I raced very hard yesterday!
But the sun was shining and thoughts of some fresh air eventually got me out the door at about 4 o'clock.
Setting off steady I soon fo
und myself getting faster and faster, my SPIRA shoes just seem to encourage you to run fast, and soon I was running close to marathon pace! Using a 7.5 mile loop course with 2 1/2 miles of which were along the coast road into a headwind, into my second lap and my friend Jon came along side in his car shouting encouragement [ he might have been impressed I was running so fast after yesterdays race and drinking session!] on I went powering up the Trafalgar rd hill for the second time.
Along the coast
road I passed a girl running at a good pace [ I felt a bit of a twat as I powered passed, I shouted encouragement as I went, hope she took it the right way!] I was now holding a good marathon pace, off the coast road and back to the start of the lap.
Now just a short 3 mile loop to go. Up Trafalgar rd hill for the last time then over Hillside bridge and time to head home down Dover road, the last 1 1/2 miles turned into a progression run, it felt really good to be picking the pace up and I finished the last half mile at over 10 mph.18 MILES = 2 Hours
Conclusion; the Spira shoes let me recover much faster from the race than normal!
THESE SHOES ARE AWESOME!!!

No comments: