Tuesday 10 February 2009

RICK'S SUPER SPEED FREAK 20 MILE TEMPO, FARTLECK RUN!



I BLOW APART MY PREVIOUS BEST TEMPO RUN AND THEN RUN THE CLUB SPEED SESSION, FINISHING WITH 20 MILES!
SEEMS LIKE THE TURBO CHARGERS ARE KICKING IN!

I headed off to Ainsdale at a tempo pace, in Jan the best pace I could manage was 6.33 for the 3.77 mile route, today I smashed that with an average of 6.10 pace! Once I reached Ainsdale I ran loops over the only hill in the neighborhood, reaching 9 miles by the start of the club fartleck session. Super vet Steve James took control and we ended up doing some pretty long efforts! I'd reached 16 miles by the end and ran back with Rob and Paul, as I left them for my final couple of miles I was starting to feel quite fatigued but decided to finish with a 1/2 mile loop at over marathon pace, I started to feel better as I went faster and finished at over 11 mph. tempo run and farteck session = 20 miles
Wed 11th
Easy sandhill run = 1.33
Thur 12th
Decided to have a go at Thomas's session for a change,
20 mins of 30 sec fast,30 sec easy, hitting around 12 mph, max 13.1 mph
dispite feeling a bit tired I had no problem finishing the session, but it would have been nice if it had been a bit warmer, roll on spring! plus steady run at 8.1 mph, total 1.00

No comments: