Saturday 14 February 2009

PARBOLD HILL RACE, TOUGH AT THE TOP!



As Arthur Lydiard said 'you can't race well and train hard at the same time!
Man did I find that out today! This was the end of my 3rd hard week of very hard training [ easy week next week!]
The Parbold hill race has 3 main climbs and apart from a 1/2 mile road section at the start it is run mostly over the country fields of the area ! It turned out to be very muddy and my choice of road shoes was not my brightest idea ever! [my fell shoes are still in a plastic bag from last years race and to say they are as stiff as a board would be a gross miss understatement!]
I was really pleased with the turn out by Southport Waterloo members [ 17 in all] so it was a great start to my new look Club G.P.
THE CLUB WON FIRST MALE TEAM! [ without my help I must add!] and 4th in the Ladies,
and Steve Wilkinson finished 6 th overall, AWESOME RESULT ALL ROUND !
As for me I'm looking forward to a recovery week and hopefully I'll be stronger for round 2 at the Standish hall trail race on the 28th

RESULTS
PHOTOS

No comments: