Friday 2 January 2009

NEW YEARS DAY COSTAL PATH RUN 14.47 MILES



COASTAL PATH MAP
2009 kicked off with the traditional club run along the coastal path from hall road coast guard station back to the Fisherman's rest pub in Birkdale! About 15 of us set off, conditions were well below freezing, after putting some really hard training in over the past 5 days i was feeling a little jaded, At one time I use to run this route both ways without stopping 28.94 miles plus running to the start and back, my record was 3 hours and 41 mins! But today one way was more than enough for my and I was more than happy to make it back to the warmth of the pub! = 2.00.13

Wed
Sandhill 6,
4 mins fast 1 min easy all the way round, felt great, 1 min faster for the course than this time last year! holding 10 mph over the faster last section, 37.21 plus run down and back total 58.32
Tue
steady road run 8.5 mph av 9.45 miles = 1.07

Mon Leg speed session on the road max 15.2 mph 7.55 miles, av speed 8.2 = 0.54mins
Sun
am Tempo run 3 miles at 9.4 mph followed by 3 miles steady 8.4 mph = 42.28

Sat 27th big sandhills = 2.02
Fri 26th
leg speed session at greenbank school 10 x 150 14 mph max, ran down and back at marathon pace = 1.03

Thur
sandhill 6 felt weak and coughing 4 mins fast 1 easy all the way round 42 mins plus run down and back = 1.13

Wed 24th
First run back after 5 days in bed with flu, legs very stiff and bad cough, tired after only 30 mins in the sandhills, feel very unfit! = 42 mins
FRIENDS OF MY BROTHER ANDY AND SIS INLAW MARGOT CAN CATCH UP ON HOW THEY ARE GETTING ON IN THERE NEW LIFE ON THE WEST COAST OF SCOTLAND BY CLICKING THIS LINK, GREAT PHOTOS.
2008 in retrospect
In a way its been a good year, 11th place and age group win at the blackpool marathon,
11th place anglesea marathon, my fastest time in 4 years and age group win in the harrock hill race series and age group win at the lancaster half marathon but a lot of my best runs happened in training even setting p.b.s on a hilly mile loop I've been running for many years ! But I often felt flat in racing, 2 hard interval sessions per week is just 2 much for my body to take, so in 2009 I will restrict myself to one interval session each week and hopfully I'll feel a whole lot fresher in races!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol,so nice