Saturday 1 November 2008

LONDON MARATHON TRAINING STARTS TODAY

TRAINING PROGRAM; DISTANCE TRAINING FOR MASTERS by ARTHUR LYDIARD
Training started with a whisper rather than a BANG! The first 4 weeks of the program called for no more an hour a day!
I'm going to follow the basic principle of the plan but add in extra miles, from the new year I aim to run a 30 mile over distance run once every 3 weeks.
Well anyway MAD DOG and me headed off into the big sandhills, wearing my thermal top and Ron hill vintage bottoms I soon found myself sweltering in the afternoon sun!
I have now put in 3 runs using the techniques from the
EVOLUTION RUNNING VIDEO , I really feel like I'm starting to generate more power and running more efficiently !
= 1.33
Fri 31st Core training
Thur 30th Robs speed session, I ran with Steady Eddie and Racey Tracey, keeping my effort aerobic. 7 x 0.6 miles at m.p. = 1.08
Wed 29th Big sandhills with mad dog! = 1.30
Tue 28th Rest
Mon 27th Leg speed session 10 x 150m = 1.13

No comments: